Last Tuesday (December 2nd), Hong Kong-based Crazybaby hit global crowdfunding platform Indiegogo to raise $100,000 for its levitating speaker system, Mars. Not only did the project make its way past the initial goal, it is closing in on $310,600 thanks to nearly 1,700 backers.
As previously reported, Mars is designed as a floating spaceship speaker and will actually take off when fully charged along with self-land when power is low, and is a wireless and portable speaker with hi-fi sound. The UFO-shaped speaker system incorporates Gravitron technology by Levitation Arts, aptX codec by CSR and Bluetooth 4.0 by SIG.
Mars’ other features include:
- 360 Degree Sound Projection assures that everyone gets the same sound anywhere in the room.
- Ultrathin and lightweight, the portable design weighs 1.5 pounds and measures 120 mm in diameter and is a thin 33 mm in height.
- Airline quality aluminum, the Craft is durable as well as waterproof to IPX7 standard, which allows for immersion in water for up to 30 minutes at a depth of three feet.
- The Mars Craft charges automatically by just placing the Craft on the Base. When power is low, the Craft lands and charges to full capacity then levitates to signal a full charge.
- Innovative design: with a floating spaceship design, the Mars system is a beautifully crafted piece of art and an instant conversation piece for the tech-savvy home.
Co-founder of Crazybaby, Linda Zhao stated,”While many audio products on the market feature either good sound quality, cool design or an affordable price, no product delivers all three – until now. We created Mars to offer an innovative, affordable, and visually captivating speaker with an unparalleled listening experience.”
Karen Sherlock, CEO and Co-Founder of Levitation Arts shared,”Gravitron is our patented, state-of-the-art levitation technology. We are excited that Crazybaby is using it to enhance the consumer experience of their great speaker and melding it with a cool elegant design.”
Although new backers unfortunately missed the $149 early bird special, the speaker is currently available for the price of $189. The project’s campaign is set to close on January 1st.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!