Earlier this month, Los Angeles-based startup Orange Monkie debuted its crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter to raise $50,000 for Foldio2, which is the new and upgraded form of first pop-up studio for your smartphone, Foldio.
According to its campaign, the Foldio 2 is bigger and smarter in order to overcome the limitations of the 1st version of Foldio. While its size has changed, Orange Monkie is still focused on maintaining the portability and all-in-one studio style of the original. Not only has the startup increased the Foldio 2’s volume by 200% compared to the original Foldio, it now allows the user to take pictures of a wider variety of subjects.
Other features of the Foldio 2 include:
- Brighter Atmosphere – Powerful LED strip with Adapter: LED brightness is improved by using dual LED light strips twice as long as the original Foldio
- Simple Magnetic Structure – Set up the Studio in 10 seconds: Foldio’s foldable magnetic structure is applied to Foldio2 for convenience and simplicity.
- Portability – Strong & Light Material: Foldio2 is bigger than the original and has strong and light plastic material.
- Backdrop Set: Composed of 3 color backdrops (White, Black, Gray)
- Edit your photos in 5 seconds
The Orange Monkie team noted, “Foldio 2 breaks through the limitations of the original Foldio version. Take pictures of bigger subjects which are not able for Foldio 1st version. You can create various moods by playing around with DSLR. Also there are tremendous possibilities to get in touch with your creativity by using different backdrops and Foldio app.”
Explaining why they returned to the crowdfunding giant, the team shared, “This is our second Foldio project. We’ve gotten tremendous support on our first project. So actually, we have pressure that it should satisfy Kickstarter backers again and we are strongly hoping that we can succeed in fund raising again this time. We prepared this project with the earnest wish to listen to our backer’s comments and offer an upgraded version of Foldio.
“We have experience in producing Foldio, so we are confident we can make it and fulfill the rewards to you. we hope you support us to create a Foldio Large version. Your support can make it real.”
Since its launch, Foldio 2’s crowdfunding has surpassed its initial goal and raised $308,547 thanks to 4,108 backers. It is set to close on January 17th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!