Investment crowdfunding platform OurCrowd has created an interesting graphical display of their past year raising capital for their many diverse young companies. While the platform is based in Israel the funding platform’s leadership has taken a global approach raising funding for companies based outside Israel as well. OurCrowd invests in every single company that is offered on their site. This means they have “skin in the game” so you are pretty certain there has been a thorough review of each and every company that lists on their web site. OurCrowd had the fortune to claim the first equity crowdfunded company to list on NASDAQ in 2014. ReWalk (NASDAQ: RWLK) opened on NASDAQ in September at $12 / share but quickly rocketed above the IPO price even touching $30 a share on its first day.
Some other interesting accomplishments or facts for OurCrowd from 2014:
- Investors from 94 different countries have participated in OurCrowd offers
- 56 companies have sought funding on the platform
- Average investment round: $1.6 million
- Total dollar amount invested via the platform: $100 million
- OurCrowd estimates that 260 jobs were created by their portfolio companies
- Investors using the platform total over 6,500
- Average investment size: $25,000
Click on the infographic below to enlarge.