Last month, Hong Kong-based Crazybaby launched a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo to raise $100,000 for its levitating speaker system, Mars. Within the first week, the project raised its initial goal and continued to be a huge success on the global platform. Now, the startup has announced that it has extended its campaign.
As previously reported, Mars is designed as a floating spaceship speaker and will actually take off when fully charged along with self-land when power is low, and is a wireless and portable speaker with hi-fi sound. The UFO-shaped speaker system incorporates Gravitron technology by Levitation Arts, aptX codec by CSR and Bluetooth 4.0 by SIG.
Features of Mars include the following:
- 360 Degree Sound Projection assures that everyone gets the same sound anywhere in the room.
- Ultrathin and lightweight, the portable design weighs 1.5 pounds and measures 120 mm in diameter and is a thin 33 mm in height.
- Airline quality aluminum, the Craft is durable as well as waterproof to IPX7 standard, which allows for immersion in water for up to 30 minutes at a depth of three feet.
- The Mars Craft charges automatically by just placing the Craft on the Base. When power is low, the Craft lands and charges to full capacity then levitates to signal a full charge.
- Innovative design: with a floating spaceship design, the Mars system is a beautifully crafted piece of art and an instant conversation piece for the tech-savvy home.
During a recent update, the Crazybaby team stated, “Thank you to everyone who has expressed support for Mars during our 30‐day campaign! We are so touched by your messages and are deeply appreciative of your contributions. We are extending another 30 days by overwhelming popular request so that more people have the opportunity to get a Mars and to join our growing Mars Family!
“As some may know, we are currently stretching to raise $500,000. By popular request, this stretch goal is FREE to ALL once achieved. In case you might know someone who is holding out, there is no need to wait! Pre‐order Now and when we hit $500k everyone who orders a Mars through our campaign will have the option to choose this color.
“The extension of our campaign means that we now really have the chance to stretch for many more amazing perks. Don’t forget, if we reach $750,000 the engineers at Crazybaby have promised to design a special portable charger for the Mars craft, so that you will be able to carry 360° sound in your pocket ALL DAY LONG!
“This campaign is all about building a community of believers & we will never forget how important you are to bringing Mars to life.”
Currently, Mars’ crowdfunding campaign has scored $479,397 thanks to over 2,400 backers. It is now set to close on January 31st.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!