On Monday (January 26th), Coolbox, what’s considered the world’s “most advanced toolbox, surfaced on crowdfunding giant Indiegogo with the help of strategic partners, Project CoPilot, CAD Models, RPP, and Command Partners. Set to raise only $50,000, the project immediately hit the spotlight and managed to raise half of its initial goal within the first hours.
According to the campaign, Coolbox features all of the classic storage and compartments you would expect, but with a modern rugged design and more features that ever offered in a toolbox. Such features include:
- LED Flood Light
- Dual Handles
- Bottle Opener
- Integrated Power Bar
- USB Ports
- Bluetooth Speakers
- Storage Compartment
The Coolbox team stated, “Having the right tools in an organized and versatile storage solution is the key to getting any job done. We had this in mind with the design of the Coolbox in order to make your projects easier and even more enjoyable.
“The Coolbox team is made up of various industry experts that will work to deliver our supporters the highest quality product in the quickest turn-around time possible. Everything from engineering to logistics is already in place and ready to go.
“All that remains is securing the funding to finalize and perfect the design, perform rigorous quality assurance testing, and place the initial batch of orders of all of our high quality components.”
All funds given to the project will be used for the following:
- Production Engineering: After extensively testing prototypes, the team has identified some minor CAD engineering modifications that can be made to perfect their design.
- Tooling: The plastic and metal components of the Coolbox require customized injection molds.
- Raw Materials: The toolbox also incorporates electronic components like Bluetooth speakers, power cords, splitters, cable, sockets, etc.
- Manufacturing: The last step in production is the large scale injection molding and machining of all custom components, and the assembly of all custom manufactured and sourced components.
- Logistics: Coolbox has an experience logistics and fulfillment team that can easily organize and handle the mass shipment of tens of thousands of orders worldwide.
The Coolbox’s crowdfunding campaign is set to close on March 12th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!