ColorCancer, a nonprofit agency is hoping to change that with the launch of its crowdfunding campaign on Austin-based 121Giving to raise more than $12,000 to buy 300 cases of Ensure for cancer patients as they undergo chemotherapy, radiation and other treatments.
- Put 100% of donations on this website towards providing at-home care supplies to Care Box Program recipients while being financially transparent.
- Open the Care Box Program to patients impacted by all types of cancer in Texas.
- Invite patients to choose items that will have the biggest impact on their Quality of Care.
- Aim to eliminate duplication of services by working closely with healthcare referral partners.
- Be efficient & effective with Care Box Program resources in order to meet patients needs.
- Minimize fundraising efforts, ensuring more time to focus on meeting the needs of Care Box Program recipients.
The campaign’s description reads:
“While going through cancer treatments, often times patients will consume between 4-6 bottles of Ensure in order to get the nutrients they need and to maintain their weight. That can add up financially! Help ColorCancer provide Ensure to cancer patients in need by donating $39 for a case.”
121Giving’s new crowdfunding platform makes it easy for nonprofits to publicize their needs, easy for donors to support causes they care about, and easy to track results and impact. Through 121Giving’s product marketplace, nonprofits like ColorCancer can spend more time on providing services to their clients and programs, and expanding their donor base and reach, rather than tracking down products at discounted prices to support their missions.
Through April 13, 2015, consumers can make donations towards 300 cases of Ensure, a liquid nutrition supplement used by cancer patients, track progress of the crowdfunding campaign, and see exactly where their funds are going.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!