In an effort to get his latest music venture, Playground Sessions, off the ground, industry vet Quincy Jones and Chris Vance are seeking $1.5 million in capital on equity crowdfunding platform Crowdfunder.
Playground Sessions is described as a music learning software company that uses video tutorials and interactive gaming to teach users how to play musical instruments in a fun way. It’s the ultimate technology for anyone who has that desire to express themselves through music. The website delivers the convenience and active learning of Rosetta Stone with the fun and social nature of video game, Guitar Hero.
Perks for funding Playground Sessions include:
- $10,000 – Every investor receives two Lifetime Memberships to Playground Sessions along with a signed copy of “Q: The Autobiography of Quincy Jones”
- $25,000 – Above plus Quincy Jones Harman Headphones
- $50,000 – Above plus framed Thriller Vinyl record signed by Quincy Jones (limit 5)
- $100,000 – Above plus visit Quincy in the studio while he’s producing an album (limit 2)
- $250,000 + – Everything in the $50,000 Perk PLUS 2 tickets to fly to the Montreaux Jazz Festival in Switzerland to meet and hang with Quincy Jones at a VIP party (limit 2)
“The collective is always more than the individual, which is true, and those are sophisticated investors who look at hundreds of deals and then work for years to help their portfolio companies build the best teams and execute. Early stage investing is hard.”
Crowdfunder CEO, Chance Barnett, added:
“The way we feel about it [equity crowdfunding] is that we are actually democratizing the ownership and investment in these projects, where you get a stake in the project alongside the celebrity who is also investing their money.”
Check out Jones’ interview below.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!