The Beijing-based startup described Remix Mini as a simple to use computer that connects to any screen, keyboard and mouse, allowing users to use it as they would any other computer and browse the internet, download and watch videos, create documents, and run any Android app or game. It can even help anyone save up to 10% in energy costs when compared to traditional tower desktop PCs.
Key features of the Remix Mini include:
- Processor: Allwinner H64 1.2 GHz Quad-core Cortex-A53
- Storage options: 8GB eMMC and 16GB eMMC
- Memory available: 1GB RAM and 2GB RAM
- Size measures 1.0in (2.6cm) x 4.9in (12.4cm) x 3.5in (8.8cm)
- Connect to HDMI monitor: Support for 4k x 2K resolution
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Ethernet Port, and Bluetooth (4.0)
Within only a matter of days, the project gained well over $350,000. During a recent update, the creators of the device gave backers a close up at what it looks like:
“Our engineers have been working their tails off developing Remix OS 2.0 specifically for Remix Mini and the Allwinner H64 chipset!”
Check out the video below!
Those looking to purchase Remix Mini may receive the 1G version for $30 through the campaign (2G for $40). The Kickstarter campaign is set to close on August 29th and the estimated delivery is October 2015.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!