Irish-startup, Thermo Tent, recently launched an equity crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs to expand its business. The startup went to Kickstarter earlier this year with a mission to raise funds for its revolutionary tents.
“We at Thermo Tents have essentially married brand new and innovative insulation technology with our new multi layer tent design, and Thermo Tent is the result. It is the world’s first (correctly) thermally and acoustically insulated tent. We have managed to overcome issues like bulk and condensation risk, and we have come up with a top quality, mobile tent that will introduce you to a new level of Comfort, Outdoors.”
- Flysheets: Poly-cotton (65%35%) / Polyester with Ripstop, 7,000 mm HH.
- Groundsheet (Sewn In): 210D strong Oxford, 10,000 mm HH.
- Poles: HT Steel, 12mm and Fibreglass for inner tent.
- Inner Tent: Two layers of extra breathable Poly-cotton come together to sandwich our special TTinsulate breathable insulation which boasts very low thermal conductivity and a high density.
- Fire Retardant: All materials are FR, and exceed ISO EN 5912 (2011) standards.
- Pegs: The plastic pegs are the most durable in the marketplace and they won’t turn in windy conditions as some other products do.
- Night visibility: The pegs and guy lines are reflective and so easy to see, even in darker conditions.
- Mesh: B3 standard (Top possible quality)
“The advantages Thermo Tent has over every other tent in a massive market is that our tent is designed specifically to keep you cooler when it is hot outside, warmer when it is cold outside and to muffle noise transfer in and out of the tent.”
During a recent interview, owner of Thermo Tents, Derek O’Sullivan, stated:
“We hadn’t sold anything before the launch of our Kickstarter programme, but then there was a surge of demand and it was a great validation that there was a market for our product. Our product is totally unique.
“Ours is the only thermally and acoustically insulated tent in the marketplace. A lot of people were buying 3 person and 6 person tents from all over the world.”
“We are in the process of sending our 6 person insulated tents to Kathmandu through Pat Falvey Adventures. Pat is putting some other supplies together as well and asked us to send 6-8 tents as part of the delivery.
“It is on thing to spend a few days in a tent, but it is another to live in one and that is what we are mindful of which is why we are sending these tents to Nepal.”
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!