Earlier this month, UK startup SimplyCook launched its equity crowdfunding campaign on Crowdcube to raise £600,000. The company offers online recipe kits throughout the UK and has been backed by Episode 1 Ventures.
According to its description, SimplyCook is on a mission to see home cooking reinvented. the company is looking to be the highest rated online recipe kit startup in the UK by helping thousands of its customers to cook new meals every week.
The company provides flavor ingredients, sourced from all over the world & blended by our chefs, alongside simple 20 minute recipes. Each of SimplyCook’s box is designed to help customers cook 4 exciting, restaurant quality meals at home. Each delivery costs just £8.99 and all the customer has to do is add 3-5 fresh items from their fridge or weekly shop to cook each of the 4 meals.
Each SimplyCook Box contains:
- 4 x 20 min recipe cards
- 4 x flavor ingredient kits (each ingredient kit contains 3 flavor blends, or pots, with as many as 18 ingredients blended in each pot)
“We started SimplyCook because we recognized that despite our national obsession with food, in Britain we’re just not cooking – the average Briton can cook between 4 and 9 meals.”
SimplyCook currently ships over 50,000 kits per month, customers have enjoyed over 900,000 meals, and the company has averaged 115% quarter on quarter growth since starting in summer 2013.
- Scale marketing spend on proven channels where we have seen success
- Hire in technical talent to further the build of recommendation engine, which selects the meals customers would like to cook the most
- Hire in customer services and operations to keep up with growth rate
- Pursue retail opportunities and test international markets
Since its launch, less than two weeks ago, the SimplyCook campaign has secured nearly £520,000. It is set to close mid-April.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!