The company, which has three brands of fitness clubs in 93 locations across 5 countries, currently has over 110,000 club members and is looking expand to a network of 583 clubs with a network of 1 million members. Since its establishment in 2003, énergie has achieved the following:
- UK Market leader in fitness club franchising and third largest fitness brand measured by clubs trading
- Over 150 franchises secured, 93 clubs trading, 31 in the current pipeline for opening and new franchisees coming on board at a rate of 40 per year and growing
- Largest fitness club operator in Ireland, with 12 clubs and c. 21,000 members
- Multi-award winning brand in both the fitness & franchising sectors, including wins & finalist positions in the UK Active Flame Awards, HCM Members Choice Awards & BFA Franchise Awards.
- Demonstrated transportability of our brands with with 21 clubs across four countries outside of England & Wales
- Capex: The head office will be a 10,000 sqft building which includes a new club and training centre. The estimated cost of the facility is £300,000. c. £200k will be used for intangible assets such as brand development and software. There is also £23k which will go to Djuric & Co Ltd as a loan note. Djuric & Co Ltd is a former 40% associate of The Group which was sold for £1 as part of the group disposal .
- Marketing: National brand campaign to make energie Group and its franchise brands a household name. Investment in insourcing key property and membership pre-sales personnel to accelerate the club opening pipeline.
Sharing his thoughts on the initiative, énergie chair and CEO Jan Spaticchia, stated:
“We are making no secret of our intention to become the biggest fitness brand in the UK market. Today we have 93 clubs open and in pre-sales and over 110,000 members. By 2023, we are looking at over 580 clubs and a million members. That is explosive growth which will require a major investment in our facilities, our people and our brand.”
He then added:
“We see énergie as a family, the people who own our clubs, manage our clubs, work in our clubs and use our clubs. This is a one-time opportunity for those who are involved and interested in énergie to take a stake as we embark on an ambitious path to growth in the years ahead.”
Since its launch, the campaign has successfully secured over £72,000. It is set to close at the end of May.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!