With less than two weeks until its equity crowdfunding campaign on Crowdcube comes to an end, UK’s fitness club franchise, énergie, announced that it has received a £100,000 investment from founder and former CEO of Pacific Direct, Lara Morgan.
énergie, which has three brands of fitness clubs in 93 locations across 5 countries, currently has over 110,000 club members and is looking expand to a network of 583 clubs with a network of 1 million members. Since its establishment in 2003, énergie has achieved the following:
- UK Market leader in fitness club franchising and third largest fitness brand measured by clubs trading
- Over 150 franchises secured, 93 clubs trading, 31 in the current pipeline for opening and new franchisees coming on board at a rate of 40 per year and growing
- Largest fitness club operator in Ireland, with 12 clubs and c. 21,000 members
- Multi-award winning brand in both the fitness & franchising sectors, including wins & finalist positions in the UK Active Flame Awards, HCM Members Choice Awards & BFA Franchise Awards.
- Demonstrated transportability of our brands with with 21 clubs across four countries outside of England & Wales
énergie revealed that the investment from Morgan comes just after the company received the seal of approval by independent ratings service Crowdrating. Sharing his thoughts about Morgan’s investment, Jan Spaticchia, CEO of énergie Group, stated:
“The endorsement from a world class entrepreneur like Lara provides a fantastic boost to our campaign and our future. We have been thrilled by the response to this equity offer from franchisees, staff and members. We are now expecting the final shares to be picked up well in advance of the closing date in two weeks’ time.”
“I only consider investing in businesses that are ethical and which make a difference to people’s lives. I’m convinced that énergie has the capability both to meet its ambitious growth targets and to help many thousands of people lead a more active and healthier life.”
Funds from the campaign will go towards:
- Capex: The head office will be a 10,000 sqft building which includes a new club and training centre. The estimated cost of the facility is £300,000. c. £200k will be used for intangible assets such as brand development and software. There is also £23k which will go to Djuric & Co Ltd as a loan note. Djuric & Co Ltd is a former 40% associate of The Group which was sold for £1 as part of the group disposal .
- Marketing: National brand campaign to make énergie Group and its franchise brands a household name. Investment in insourcing key property and membership pre-sales personnel to accelerate the club opening pipeline.
Since its launch, énergie’s initaitive has already achieved nearly £430,000. It is set to close at the end of May.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!