Seeking to expand its coffee brand, UK-based Tap Coffee recently launched a Crowdcube with a mission to raise a total of £400,000. Starting in 2010 by Richard Lilley, the company was created to fix what he believed to be a “lack of cafe culture” in the UK.
- Served over a third of a million of customers in 2015.
- A roasting and retail division producing over 20 tonnes of coffee per year
- Annual turnover for 2014/15 just under £1.3 million
- Profitability for the last 3 years
- Revenue growth of 500% since 2011
- Created brand equity
“Our mission is to remove barriers to better coffee. As a company, we are not here to make coffee but to sell it: to bring an exceptional coffee experience to as many people as possible.”
They also explained where the funds from the campaign will go:
“Over the next 18 months we plan to deliver 2 new stores with a cost of approx. £200k per site. £50k to grow our other revenue streams including our web and mobile retail store for home brew coffee beans.”
Those who invest in the Crowdcube will receive the following:
- Invest £500: Ten free coffees or a three month coffee subscription
- Invest £1,000: Twenty free coffees or six month gift subscription and a free coffee tasting
- Invest £5,000: Twenty free coffees, six month gift subscription and a free coffee tasting
- Invest £10,000: Twenty free coffees, 12 months gift subscription and free coffee tasting and a brewing workshop
- Invest £25,000: Forty free coffees, 12 month gift subscription, free coffee tasting, free brewing workshop and a free roasting lesson
- Invest £50,000: Tailor made coffee, select the green coffee from origin, learn how to roast it to the taste, learn how to brew it with various different methods and finally the investors get to keep their coffee. Enjoy free in store coffee for a year.
Tap’s Coffee campaign is set to close mid-June.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!