Last week, Samsung accelerated startup Welt Corporation launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise $30,000 for its new self-titled technology belt. Within less than a week, the campaign successfully secured its initial goal and is currently nearing $50,000 thanks to more than 450 backers.
The WELT, which debuted at CES earlier this year, is described as a wellness belt that tracks health data and also provides tips/warnings for the user’s health. The belt keeps track of three main general health indictors: waist size, activity, and food intake. It also has a pedometer which tracks steps along with sitting time.
Other features include:
- 20-day Battery Life: Allows users to stay in style without having to constantly charge it. The charges are done through a micro USB port.
- Actionable Insights: Offers personalized health guidance that can be seen on the WELT’s mobile app.
- One Screen Feedback: All organized on one screen, which helps to avoid confusing raw data.
- Resummarized Data: Tracks steps, sitting time, big meals (calorie intake, distance traveled, calorie loss all on one screen.
- Goal Settings: Sets goals that are personalized for each user.
“WELT looks and is worn just like any other belt in your closet. Made for everyday life and everday outfits, WELT is both fashionable and functional. As the stylish alternative to previous belt fitness trackers, WELT can be worn at the office, on a walk or during your daily activities.”
WELT is currently available through the Kickstarter campaign starting at $99. The belt is expected to be delivered in January 2017, and the initiative is set to close on October 6th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!