Fidget Cube, a high-quality desk toy designed to help people focus, has been a smash hit on Kickstarter. The device surfaced on the crowdfunding portal last month, and its creators at Colorado-based Antsy Labs originally sought to raise only $15,000. Within a matter of just weeks, the project has scored over $3.3 million from nearly 85,000 backers.
The Fidget Cube has six sides, which features something to “fidget with.” These are the following:
- Click: Users find 3 clicker buttons and 2 silent buttons that satisfy those who enjoy clicking on things.
- Glide: Enjoy the feel of a joystick without having to play a video game.
- Flip: This side of the cube is able to switch back and forth for a silent way to use the cube.
- Breathe: This side of the cube is has a design that is inspired by traditional worry stones. This helps to reduce anxiety when rubbed.
- Roll: This side’s gears and ball helps make rolling movements
- Spin: Offering a spinning kind of cube side.
The cube is now available in eight different color schemes, Dice, Graphite, Midnight, Aqua, Sunset, Berry, Fresh, and Retro. The creators revealed:
“There are really no limits to when and where you can use Fidget Cube. Use it while listening to a lecture, or while studying for that upcoming test. Use it in the next meeting you have to attend (or lead). Use it at your desk while working on projects. Enduring a lengthy commute and need to relieve some stress? Fidget away. Marathoning a Netflix series? Yep, you can fidget then too.”
While explaining the differences between the Fidget Cube versus a normal pen, the creators noted that pens were a huge inspiration in the Fidget Cube’s design process and while they are probably the most commonly used fidget tools, they would like to see Fidget Cube become more of a fidget toolbox.
The Fidget Cube is currently available on Kickstarter starting at $19. Its estimated delivery time is December 2016 (just in time for the holidays). The project’s campaign is set to close on October 19th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!