Global investment crowdfunding platform OurCrowd has just announced raising $72 million in a Series C funding round. Alongside this announcement, OurCrowd has provided an infographic with some data points for the platform. OurCrowd, based in Jerusalem, has taken a decidedly international approach to uncovering opportunities for their investors. OurCrowd is challenging AngelList for the most funding channeled via its portal.
Some of the data points from the graphic provided by OurCrowd are below:
- Over 15,000 investors from 110 different countries have participated in their offers
- Approximately $300 million has been invested in early stage companies
- There have been 100 portfolio companies and funds
- OurCrowd claims 9 exits including 2 IPOs and 7 acquisitions
- OurCrowd hosts the largest investment crowdfunding conference of its kind with 5,000 participants expected at the next event
Founded by Jon Medved in 2013, OurCrowd now has offices scattered around the world. OurCrowd is unique in the fact that it invests in every single offer posted on its site so it has “skin in the game” and is more aligned with investors.