Real estate crowdfunding platform, RealtyMogul.com, announced on Thursday it has recently closed five transactions in markets across the country. The funding portal confirmed that four out of the five deals were equity investments into multifamily properties while the fifth was named its largest 1031-qualified transaction to date.
“The past few months have been a period of growth for us, both in terms of our new offerings and in terms of the crowdfunded transactions that have been at the core of our platform since launch. These recent successes demonstrate how we are democratizing the commercial real estate space for more and more investors.”
The five transactions include:
- Equity Investment for Bay Area Multifamily Property: the real estate crowdfunding portal provided $1.7 million in equity for the Redwood City, California 48-unit property, Buckingham Apartments.
- Investor Support for Brooklyn Multifamily Equity Investment: This transaction provided $900,000 to go towards the acquisition of a multifamily property located in Brooklyn, New York’s Flatbush neighborhood.
- Investment in a 1031 Eligible Diversified Retail Portfolio: Investors of the platform provided $1.8 million to a portfolio dedicated to 19 single-tenant long-term net-leased retail assets spanning eight states.
- Equity Financing for Dallas-Area Multifamily Property: RealtyMogul.com notably invested $2.3 million in equity for Arlington, Texas’ 91-unit multifamily property, Woodbridge. The website provided 90% of the transaction’s equity.
- Multifamily Property With Upside Potential: Investors contributed $1.5 million in equity to help finance Indianapolis’ 208-unit multifamily property, Trails at Lakeside Apartments. RealtyMogul.com noted this is its fifth transaction with the sponsor.
The closing of the five transactions comes just one month after RealtyMogul.com launched its MogulREIT I, which is available for investment exclusively online. The new investment vehicle allows non-accredited investors access to commercial real estate investment opportunities. Investors may participate in the MogulREIT with a minimum $2,500 investment (at $10 per share) gaining access to a diversified portfolio of real estate in a single purchase. Helman added:
“We’re always striving to deliver on our goal of ‘Access through Innovation’ when it comes to real estate investing. Whether it’s through MogulREIT I or our successful collaborations with sponsors and investors, we’re well-positioned to have an even bigger impact on the industry going forward.”