As previously reported, the Peloton Bike integrates a carbon steel monocoque design with a 21.5″ full HD touch console that is also sweat resistant. The bike also has a 1.5 Ghz computer within, including 802.11 b/g/n wireless networking and Bluetooth connectivity. The screen boasts a front-facing camera and microphone for interacting with friends (or instructors) as the user exercise. The bike has no chain, opting instead for a belt drive. The project creators say that this choice results in an “extremely quiet and smooth ride.” A magnetic resistance system removes the need for brakes and reduces the need to replace any parts in the future.
While sharing details about the new commercial bike line, John Foley, co-founder and CEO of Peloton, stated:
“The launch of this new category for Peloton is truly a reaction to the demand of our dedicated rider community. Our community of riders love the experience so much that they want to engage with our products and our content wherever they go. Whether that’s traveling to a hotel, going to their fitness club, or at their office gym, our riders want to continue enjoying the Peloton experience wherever they are. Launching this new commercial-grade bike with specialized hardware and software made perfect sense as the next step in the Peloton journey.”
The commercial-grade bike’s features are as follows:
- Enhanced software that accommodates multiple riders and allows for easy account creation for new users
- Premium construction that is designed for the rigors of a professional studio & can endure years of heavy riding maintenance-free
- Quick, easy adjustability allowing you to switch between multiple users
- Larger range of user sizes with soft-grip, pull-pin height adjustment controls, and hybrid/dual-sided pedals
- Laser cut steel frame that has been re-engineered for maximum comfort and stability, and the new Peloton Drive, which allows for the most efficient power transfer and most accurate power measurement
- Commercial-grade warranty for years of maintenance support
Peloton also noted that all bikes now work with wearable tech, Fitbit.The company also noted Urban Outfitters Offices, the Newport Beach Country Club and the Westin Chicago River North are among the early adopters who purchased the bikes for their indoor cycling employees and guests. The commercial bikes will be presented at the 2017 CES in Las Vegas this weekend.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!