Video game developer Buddy System Games, launched the first 2017 crowdfunding campaign on Fig to raise $35,000 for its project, Little Bug. The arcade style platformer’s demo, which has more than 20,000 downloads, already earned the Best Platformer award in Intel’s LevelUp competition and was also an Official Selection for Fantastic Arcade last year.
“The sun is setting and Nyah is lost in the darkening woods. She is alone after her mom vanishes, but finds strength in a powerful spirit she can control with her mind. She’ll need to master her new telekinetic ability to navigate through a surreal world between life and death.”
In the complete game, players will experience the following:
- Interact with friendly spirits who also share a mind connection.
- Collect a variety of all new living – and dead items for your jar
- Play local co-op with a friend
- Explore secret areas.
- Blast through new obstacles, like melting barriers and movable objects.
- Experiment with new abilities for Nyah.
- Discover the fate of Nyah’s mom as you play through the full story.
- Face off against an expanded cat of restless spirits.
The full game will also include expanded visuals such as Nyah remodel, new hand-drawn sprite animations, and environment details. Those who back the project can receive the digital copy of Little Bug for $10 and their name will also be featured in the game’s credits. Other reward perks include original soundtrack, exclusive hi-res desktop art, Art Zine and Comic, t-shirts, and even a chance to have a literal hand in the game.
Little Bug is expected to be delivered in the second quarter of 2017. Since its launch, the Fig campaign has already surpassed 50% of its funding target. It is set to close on February 9th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!