OurCrowd, a leading global equity crowdfunding platform, is ready to host their Global Investor Summit this coming February. A quick review of the year prior OurCrowd event indicates very strong growth for this coming year. OurCrowd estimated participation at over 3,000 attendees in 2016. For the 2017 OurCrowd Global Investor Summit, more than 5000 attendees are expected to descend on the conference in Jerusalem. OurCrowd states this will be the “world’s largest equity crowdfunding event and the biggest investor event in Israel,” and as far as we know – they are correct.
“Participants at the Summit will have the opportunity to interact hands-on with many of the latest technologies changing the world,” commented OurCrowd CEO Jon Medved. “The Summit provides a unique opportunity to evaluate and touch the remarkable pace of technology change together with thousands of friends and colleagues from around the world.”
Participation at the Summit will involve individuals from 80 different countries alongside 200+ multinational corporations, VCs, entrepreneurs, industry leaders and “dozens” of global delegations interested in the OurCrowd process and the innovation nation.
Many of OurCrowd’s 110 portfolio companies will be participating, including;
- Consumer Physics: together with Sichuan Changhong Electric Co., Ltd. (Changhong) and Analog Devices Inc. (ADI), demonstrating the world’s first material sensing smartphone able to scan the chemical composition of objects around it.
- MedAware: discussing the recent Harvard study published in the Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association (JAMIA), which validated its big data analytics and machine learning platform to identify and eliminate prescription errors.
- VocalZoom: which last year announced a partnership with Honda, recently demonstrated its optical microphone technology to enable voice control inside noisy vehicles at CES 2017.
- NSLComm: whose revolutionary expandable space antennas will transform satellite communications.
- Freightos: demonstrating their new online international freight shipping marketplace.
- Zebra Medical: discussing its machine learning platform for automated interpretation of radiological images.
Nick Sugimoto, Senior Program Director at Honda Silicon Valley Lab and Summit attendee, said;
“Honda has expanded and deepened our presence in the innovation ecosystem in Israel since the partnership between Honda and OurCrowd was announced at last year’s event. We are looking forward to sharing updates on our activities in Israel and meeting more potential partners who are focused on revolutionizing the future of mobility.”
Special events at the Summit will include workshops on collaborative innovation for multinationals, an investor Bootcamp, a Startup CEO interchange, investor hackathon, a due diligence drama, speed dating sessions between multinationals and startups, and the largest tech party ever thrown in Jerusalem, featuring unlimited Israeli microbrew beer tasting, plus entertainment provided by the iconic Israeli favorite band Hadag Nachash.
OurCrowd is one of the largest investment crowdfunding platforms in the world. The platform has championed an investor led process where smaller investors participate alongside well-known VCs and Angel investors. OurCrowd takes a position in every offer posted on their site thus aligning interests with the smaller investors.
The OurCrowd community includes more than 15,000 investors from 110+ countries. OurCrowd has invested over $320 million into 110 portfolio companies and funds.