With nearly 24 hours until its Fig crowdfunding campaign comes to an end, Ironward’s video game Solstice Chronicles: MIA has successfully secured its $30,000 funding target thanks to nearly 500 backers. Ironward is known to be the creator of Kickstarter-funded The Red Solstice.
Solstice Chronicles: MIA is described as a twin-stick shooter with a tactical edge. Ironward stated that players battle for survival against waves of Martian mutants while using the skills of your drone companion to drastically alter the threats they face. the game’s description reads:
“Set in the year 2280 AE (After Earth), you find yourself behind enemy lines in the midst of an infected colony on Mars, and designated Missing in Action. You play as a Corporation Marine trying to escape, working with an unusual Insurgent AI drone whose special abilities will aid you and significantly impact the game’s difficulty. Solstice Chronicles: MIA belongs to the dark universe of The Red Solstice. At your side is Saffron, an unusual drone made by the Insurgency, and an unlikely companion for a Corporation Marine. She acts as a true AI: she has emotions and may snap under stress. You must work with this drone in order to survive, getting to know her story as you discover your own.”
Solstice Chronicles: MIA will include:
- Players will have master fluid twin-stick combat to blast through waves of mutants on Mars.
- Use the player drone’s abilities tactically, weighing the risk and reward of decisions that drastically change the threat you face.
- Players will decide between scavenging for supplies and upgrades in the face of the oncoming menace, or pushing forward, potentially unprepared for the enemies still to come.
- Players will decimate the mutant onslaught with upgradeable weaponry, including shotguns, rocket launchers, and more, as well as special heavy weapons, like the autocannon and flamethrower, which will obliterate everything in their path.
- Player develop their own skill tree from across four classes, which areAssault, Demolition, Hellfire, and Terminator, to become the ultimate instrument of destruction.
- Local co-op multiplayer.
Solstice Chronicles: MIA’s crowdfunding campaign is set to close on Thursday (March 23rd). The game is expected to be delivered beginning the third quarter 2017.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!