Bionics company that creates custom 3D printed gear, Wiivv, has returned to crowdfunding platform Kickstarter. The company is seeking $250,000 for its new custom fit sandals. This new campaign comes less than two months after Wiivv secured $4 million during its Series A funding round and acquired eSoles, a custom insoles manufacturer. Wiivv previously captured $3.5 million through its seed funding round in December 2015 and raised $235,054 from 2,765 backers through its first Kickstarter for its 3D printed insoles, BASE
According to the company, Wiivv Custom Fit Sandals are digitally mapped from users’ smartphone. Wiivvs are notably designed for specific feet, giving users unparalleled comfort and improved biomechanics that no other sandal can provide. It was revealed:
“This isn’t just an innovation in footwear. It’s a revolution in an industry plagued by mass-produced products, rigid offshore supply chains, and the inability to capitalize on the full potential of 3D printing. Instead, we are talking about one-off custom products at scale and manufactured locally. Unlike the big guys, stuck on aesthetics and expensive 3D prototypes, Wiivv is making every shoe custom fit to you from our factory in San Diego, California. It’s the biggest leap in footwear since foam!”
Each sandal comes with the following:
Wiivv also compared traditional sandals vs. its sandals
Traditional Flip Flops
- Lack of arch support can cause issues in your feet, ankles, knees, hips and lower back.
- Toe thongs can hurt like hell and cause blisters.
- Poorly-fitting straps mean sliding feet, “toe scrunch” and soreness.
- Lack of cushioning means more impact on the body.
Wiivv Custom Fit Sandals
- Custom fit 3D printed arches support your feet and lower body.
- Triple-density foam footbeds give all-day comfort.
- Deep, compressible heel cups absorb shock as wearers walk.
- No-rub toe thongs with custom placement based on foot width
- Custom-fit straps hold and support feet with every step.
Those looking to back the project will receive the sandals starting at $70. Delivery is currently schedule for August 2017 (still time for late summer trips to the beach!). Since its launch, the campaign has secured more than $180,000 from nearly 1870 backers. It is set to close on April 22nd.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!