Oracle announced on Wednesday it has opened applications for the Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator Program. The company revealed it is seeking early-stage technology startups to join the program in Bengaluru, Delhi/NCR, and Mumbai. The program is set to start in September 2017.
According to Oracle, the Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator program provides startups with six months of training and mentorship, state-of-the-art technology, a co-working space, access to Oracle customers, partners and investors and free Oracle Cloud credits. Through this program, Oracle stated it is looking to boost entrepreneurship, economic development and further the country’s digital agenda.
“Unlike traditional accelerator programs, this is a next-generation acceleration initiative driven by Oracle R&D, and has a focus on reimagining enterprise innovation through true partnership with startups. The initiative targets medium-sized firms, including MSMEs1(micro, small, medium enterprises) and startups, which encompass a highly vibrant and dynamic sector of the Indian economy, contributing more than 37 percent2 of India’s GDP.”
Sanket Atal, Group Vice President of Development, Oracle India, also commented:
“We believe startups are at the heart of innovation. Supporting and building an efficient ecosystem for them is critical. We’ve had the opportunity to nurture some great business ideas with the startups we’ve worked with in the first two batches. As we continue to promote cloud innovation, we also involve Oracle’s global product development teams to identify opportunities where we can foster co-development. This is an exciting time for us and we look forward to continuing our support toward India’s startup community.”
Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator Program will include:
- Over 125 hours of combined mentorship from Oracle and industry experts, which includes CTOs and CIOs of established startups and peer organizations
- 24×7 access to a co-working space within Oracle’s premises
- Access to Oracle’s vast ecosystem of customers and partners
- Ongoing interactions and sessions with the investor community
- Access to Oracle Cloud (including training), at no charge
- After completing the six-month program, the startups that have leveraged Oracle Cloud for their business may be eligible to continue using it for an extended period