“Three weeks ago today, we announced the beginning of the Monzo Current Account Preview, with which we began the slow rollout of our current account. This has gone really well so far and as of this minute, 676 people are helping us put the current account through its paces having come to events at our offices to get their new debit cards. When we announced the Preview, it was only available on iOS and we were working to bring the Android app up to speed as quickly as possible.”
Monzo current accounts on Android feature the following:
- Sort code and account number, so anybody can send you money and you can receive your salary directly into your Monzo account
- Faster Payments, so you can send money to any other UK bank account with a sort code and account number — it will arrive within two hours but most payments only take a few seconds
- Direct Debits, so you can pay regular bills like rent, utilities, and phone contracts
- Standing Orders, so you can set up regular payments out of your account for things like rent payments
- A Mastercard® debit card, so you can spend anywhere that accepts Mastercard around the world, with a direct connection into Mastercard
- FSCS protection, up to a total of £85,000 eligible funds
“We’re running events in our offices every week to give out the current account to as many people as we possibly can! For now, that means you’ll need to be in London or able to travel to London if you’re invited to an event. We’ve even got some events coming up with only Android users coming, which should be fun. In the future, we’ll be able to post cards out and we’re exploring running events outside of London too. From the pool of customers who have registered their interest and are happy to deal with the limitations, we’ll invite people to sign up over the coming weeks and months.”
Monzo added that registering interest does not guarantee a current account immediately. This all depends on how many people register.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!