With its equity crowdfunding campaign set to close on Crowdcube this upcoming Monday, self-described millennial media company The Market Mogul is set to complete the funding round with nearly £650,000 in funds thanks to nearly 685 investors.
As previously reported, The Market Mogul was founded in 2013 by CEO Rav Singh Sandhu and has published more than 5,000 articles by over 3,000 authors and publishes inclusive perspectives on global affairs, business, finance, and politics:
“Our ‘Mogul Newsroom’ makes us disruptive through our combination of editorial oversight and process optimisation, enabling us to publish thought-provoking articles in under 25 minutes, at approximately 0.4% of the cost of some traditional media companies. Our obsessive focus on providing the best reading experience results in engagement rates higher than most online media news outlets. As a result, our content has been used in articles on Forbes, Mashable, Bloomberg, The World Economic Forum and many others.”
The company’s initiative quickly became popular on Crowdcube’s platform, even securing its initial £300,000 funding target in under 18 hours.
In the latest update, The Market Mogul team revealed more details about their growth in August:
- Unique readers grew 16% MoM to over 116,000
- Our articles were read a total of over 881,000 times, up 17%
- Bounce rate remains very low and has declined to 2.77%
- We approved 473 new Authors to join The Market Mogul this month, ranging from the Vice President of the European Commission for the Energy Union to Economists and Fund Managers
- Our articles were also cited in a range of media outlets including the Huffington Post, News24 and used as a trusted source on Wikipedia
- We continue to rank highly on Google for all of our content, and attached is a screenshot of our Ripple coverage being all 3 top stories on Google
Funds from the Crowdcube campaign will be used for growth trajectory and expand the editorial, sales and development teams to increase capacity and expand into other verticals, reaching profitability.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!