Following the mass shooting that left nearly 60 dead and hundreds of people wounded during the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas, Clark County Commission chair, Steve Sisolak, launched a crowdfunding campaign on GoFundMe to raise $2 million for the victims.
According to various reports, the alleged shooter, Stephen Paddock, fired at the crowd from his room at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino during Jason Aldean’s performance. Concert goers stated they thought the gunfire was the event’s fireworks going off. The Las Vegas Metro Police Department released the following information:
- There was only ONE SHOOTER.
- The gunman is dead on the 32nd floor of the hotel.
- There were no additional locations.
- 20+ persons are deceased.
- 100+ are injured.
- An associate of the lone gunman is wanted for questioning — identified as Marilou Danley with vehicle information of Hyundai Tucson (unknown color) Nev. plate 114B40, and a Chrysler Pacifica Touring — Nev. plate — 79D401 (corrected).
Other reports noted that ISIS claimed responsibility for the shooting, but there has yet to be any evidence that this claim is accurate. Sisolak reported on the GoFundMe page:
“We are raising funds to assist the victims of the tragic Las Vegas shooting. I spent last night with Sheriff Lombardo at Clark County’s only level-one trauma center. Funds will be used to provide relief and financial support to the victims and families of the horrific Las Vegas mass shooting.”
Just hours after launching, the campaign has already secured more than $900,000 from nearly 9,000 donors.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!