Barclays announced on Tuesday that after three months of intensive product development, mentoring, and networking, the nine companies of its New York accelerator program are set to showcase their fintech proposals at a demo day.
According to the company, the demo day marks the culmination of the third New York cohort of the Barclays Accelerator powered by TechStars. With over 5,000 applications across 11 cohorts, Barclays claims that the program has become the largest single-bank-powered portfolio globally. Barclays also reported that the nine companies in the program are driving innovation in new age banking, alternative investments and corporate bonds amongst other new business propositions. John Stecher, Group Head of Innovation, Barclays, stated:
“It’s exciting to witness the progress and growth these companies have achieved over the course of our intensive 13 week program. Each has developed their business model, many are rapidly growing their teams, and all have defined their unique market fit. Barclays is devoted to these companies as long-term investments and is committed to providing each set of founders with a partner to help them navigate as they grow and mature their businesses.”
The nine companies of the 2018 New York cohort of the Barclays Accelerator are the following:
- 7Chord: Predictive analytics for credit traders, powered by AI technology
- Bild: Investing platform for sustainable assets focused on smart infrastructure & renewable energy.
- Cogni: Provides banking services for the gig and freelancer economy.
- Novo: A banking platform built for emerging businesses that saves them time and money.
- Pathspark: Empowers companies to invest in human capital with performance analytics powered by coaching insights.
- Qanta: Makes customer acquisition in financial products drastically more cost effective, leveraging proprietary AI.
- RealBlocks: Enables anyone in the world to raise or invest capital in real estate using Blockchain Smart-Contracts.
- Sigma Ratings: The world’s first AI-enabled non-credit risk rating agency.
- Synswap: Provides post-trade services for OTC derivatives using distributed ledger technology.