On Wednesday the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) today announced new members of its Fintech Advisory Committee (FAC), which advises OSC staff on developments and trends in the fintech space, as well as the unique challenges encountered by innovative businesses in the securities industry.
According to the OSC, the FAC advises OSC LaunchPad staff on developments in the fintech space and the unique challenges faced by innovative businesses in the securities industry. While sharing details about the committee, Pat Chaukos, Deputy Director, OSC LaunchPad, stated:
“This year’s FAC includes key players from a broad spectrum of the fintech community, ranging from innovation hubs to startups to financial institutions. This committee plays a critical role in advising the OSC on meeting the novel demands of this rapidly growing space.”
The FAC will meet quarterly, with additional meetings as required. The FAC will be chaired by Pat Chaukos, Deputy Director, OSC LaunchPad, and will consist of up to 15 members. Membership terms will be for one year. Members will be selected based on whether they have direct experience in one or more of various industries, including digital platforms, cryptocurrencies, venture capital, data science or AI, fintech, regtech, and cryptography or cybersecurity. The committee’s new members are:
- Alan Lysne: Ryerson Futures Inc.
- Asif Qayyum: PwC Canada
- Barrie Laver: Royal Bank of Canada
- Carol Derk: Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Christine Day: Questrade Financial Group
- Christian Lassonde: Impression Ventures
- Dan Rosen: d1g1t Inc., University of Toronto
- George Bordianu: Paradiso Ventures
- Gillian Stacey: Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
- Hitesh Rathod: NexusCrowd Inc.
- John Lee: TMX Group
- Paritosh Gambhir: KPMG LLP
- Raymond Luk: Hockeystick Co.
- Robert Kirwin: VigilantCS
- Roy Kao: MaRS Discovery District
- Silvio Stroescu: BMO InvestorLine
- Stephanie Choo: Portag3 Ventures