Republic, a mission driven investment crowdfunding platform that enables companies to raise money by selling securities including initial coin offerings, has provided an update on their progress. Shared on the 2 year anniversary of when Reg CF became actionable, Republic shares the following stats:
- To date, $8.5 million has been raised on the Republic platform.
- 45+ startups have been funded.
- Republic has created two new securities vehicles (both open sourced):
- Token DPA
- A custom Crowd Safe
- Credit cards are now being accepted for investments (initially they were not due to hesitancy from the banks)
- Republic is very selective listing only 3% of the businesses that apply to raise capital on their platform
Additionally, Republic has announced something new.
This year, Republic will partner with Jason Calacanis and his LAUNCH Festival which will be held in Sydney, Australia this year. At last year’s LAUNCH, Calacanis worked with a Republic competitor. More info on the LAUNCH Festival Australia is available here.
“In late June startups will travel to Sydney to pitch the LAUNCH Festival crowd, and accept investments live on Republic! There will be live diligence from a team of judges, and Jason Calacanis will pick a winner to join us for the LAUNCH Incubator’s final interview session in San Francisco.”
We are hearing chatter that Republic has a few more big announcements to share in the coming weeks.