SkinnyBrands, a UK-based alcohol brand, has successfully secured its initial £400,000 funding target through its equity crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs. Founded in 2015, SkinnyBrands was founded by entrepreneurs Tom Bell and Gary Conway with a mission to create a range of “better-for-you” alcohol alternatives without “compromise.”
“SkinnyBrands Ltd is creating a new ‘Lifestyle’ category in the industry, and is driving a connection with consumers lifestyles through all marketing and communications. If you love great beer, want to cut calories, have a gluten intolerance or simply have an active and healthy lifestyle, we are the beer for you.”
SkinnyBrands also revealed that over the last two years has seen outstanding growth in the industry, winning listings in 5 top major retailers in the UK, more than 20 on-trade wholesalers including 5 national Routes to Market (RTMs), 1,000+ on-trade stockists and sales into 10 international markets.
Funds from the Seedrs round will be used to support the growth SkinnyBrands has achieved over the last 18 months requires additional sales and marketing provision to capitalize on the rapid distribution progress.
- Employ a ‘Country Manager’
- Increased Marketing budgets to support product launch
- Retail promotional activities
- Employ ‘Country Manager’ for US
- Support introduction to Publix retail launch in early 2019
- Establish distribution rights deals in 5 key states
Pouring Rights Budget in the UK
- Increase on-trade presence for draught availability
- Improve current listings and volumes in key accounts
Further support for draught in the UK
- Build on the distribution success throughout the on-trade distribution network
- Route-to-market availability of draught
- Marketing support for draught introduction
The campaign is set to close later this winter.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!