Less than a year after securing £800,000 through its previous Seedrs funding round, contractor platform iContract has returned to the equity crowdfunding platform, now seeking a minimum of £150,000.
As previously reported, iContract was launched in August 2017 to connect contractors and recruiters for job matching and networking. The company reported that so far it has attracted more than 6,000 contractor users in the Finance, Tech and Legal sectors.
“iContract is a new online platform that serves both contractors and recruiters and hiring managers. It provides a more streamlined and accurate solution to job and candidate matching, as well as creating an interactive community for its user base to engage in, through direct chat, forums, offline events and third-party advice and support.”
Since its launch, the company has partnered with various organizations, including:
- CV Library and StepStone group which includes Total jobs, CW Jobs, Job Site, and City Jobs so the platform may host all contract jobs on iContract.
- Sonovate for invoice and payment processing to provide the infrastructure for talent seekers to be able to handle everything to do with each contract in one easy place.
- Nutmeg, CMME, and Qdos so contractors can easily get the advice they need when it comes to accounting, insurance, mortgage advisory, and investment.
Funds from the latest Seedrs round will be used for the following:
- To improve the platform’s user experience (UX) and strengthening the scalability of the platform.
- To finish the build of the iContract mobile app.
- To create a “social universe” where users may share knowledge, follow news, and other users, as well as form social groups.
- To develop “Associate Builder,” which is described as a marketplace for contractors to seek out and collaborate with other contractors for project work.
iContract went on to add:
“The investment will also help us to expand our sales and marketing team to accelerate user growth, structure a service team to better engage users and to drive revenue. This round of funding will serve as a bridge towards the planned Series A round within 12 months.”
The funding round is set to close later this spring.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!