Russian banking group Tinkoff announced on Thursday the launch of its new product, Oleg. According to Tinkoff, Oleg is a voice assistant for financial and lifestyle-related tasks. The product’s mission is to help users navigate within the Tinkoff platform and make customers’ lives simpler.
“Oleg is [a] man between 25 and 40 years of age. He is polite, but also firm when needed. He is funny, but he won’t teach anyone how to live life, unless he’s specifically asked. Oleg has an inkling that he’s not human, but he’s not overly concerned about that. He knows what’s important, which is that a day spent without helping Tinkoff customers is a day wasted.”
Tinkoff also noted that Oleg will be able to do the following:
- Transfer money to accounts at Tinkoff Bank and Sberbank
- Make restaurant reservations
- Book beauty salon appointments
- Buy cinema tickets with a cashback offer of 15%
- Search for discounts on products and services
- Converse on various topics
- Give useful advice and lifehacks from the Tinkoff Journal
- Consult on banking and stocks
- Manage financial products (debit and credit cards)
- Change personal information in the Tinkoff ecosystem
- Request and email documents (such as bank statements for embassies)
Oleg is currently available through the Tinkoff mobile app. Tinkoff noted in the future Oleg will become even more capable and integrated into all the elements of the Tinkoff ecosystem, including travel, mobile, investments, insurance, entertainment, business, and Tinkoff Junior.