Whoomies, a France-based home-sharing mobile app, is now nearing €400,000 during the final days on equity crowdfunding platform Seedrs. The app’s campaign was launched earlier this summer and quickly secured its initial €300,000 funding target. More than 150 investors have invested in the funding round and Whoomies is offering 11.40% at a €2,332,044 pre-money valuation.
As previously reported, Whoomies is focused on delivering digital tools to improve the shared living experience on both tenants and real estate owners. The company claims its mobile app is the first mobile app to help users match with their perfect roommate while allowing them to deal with their ideal accommodations.
“Whoomates, our B2B solution (live in June 2019), is empowering co-living & student accommodations by automating their room allocation processes. Our customized smart-matching algorithm and resident application forms are time savers and create unique opportunities to grow both revenues and resident satisfaction through big data analysis.”
Funds from the Seedrs round will be used for the following:
1) Product improvement and monetization.
Whoomies App [V2 & V3 Launch + Web-based platform]:
- Improved User Experience.
- New tech components (AI, new chatbot, video).
- Enhanced room applications (application form assistance…)
- In-app services.
2) Team expansion.
Key Recruitments (2-4 full-time):
- Grow its tech development resources.
- Scale up its business development efforts.
3) Customer Acquisition.
Whoomies noted it has been successful at customer acquisition since the very beginning of its journey by doing the following:
- Keep on using communication and acquisition tools as a leverage for expansion and revenue.
- Expanding to the entire UK & launch trials in new highly targeted markets.
The campaign is set to close this month.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!