FinTech Australia announced on Monday it has postponed its 2020 Finnies Awards amid the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the organization, the Finnies is Australia’s only industry-backed fintech awards and the event gives more than 100 fintech startups the opportunity to be recognized for their achievements.
FinTech Australia stated that the Finnies represent the “resilience of fintechs,” has promoted the achievements of the industry, driven awareness, and encouraged further innovation. The organization noted that it understands that this now uncertain and challenging times, so it will postpone the awards to November 27th. The new timeline is listed below.
- Entries close: August 16, 2020
- Finalists selected by the FA board and General Manager: August 24th to September 27th
- Finnies Finalists to be announced on October 27th at Intersekt, Australia’s Fintech Festival
- Judging of finalists to take place from October 5th to November 8th Monday
- Gala Awards night, November 27th, in Melbourne
FinTech Australia further reported that entries are free for its members and non-members will be charged per entry. The organization added:
“We thank you all for your support and encourage you to participate and showcase the great work done in fintech throughout the year. We are committed to promoting the success of the industry and showcasing our industry.”