The European Commission DG FISMA (The Directorate‑General for Financial Stability, Financial Services, and Capital Markets Union is the Commission department responsible for EU policy on banking and finance) has scheduled a series of virtual roundtables tackling Fintech topics. The series is an outreach program that is part of the process of crafting Fintech policy for the future.
The first online roundtable was held today and discussed the very relevant subject of finance and the Coronavirus.
The next gathering is scheduled to take place next week.
Additional events may take place in person – depending on how the global pandemic plays out.
FISMA online roundtables
- 15 April – Digital Finance & Coronavirus – how can digital finance help tackle the Coronavirus crisis?
- 22 April – A Digital Single Market for financial services
- 29 April – Open Finance – promoting a more data-driven financial sector
- 6 May – Ensuring a technology-neutral and innovation-friendly regulatory framework
- 13 May – Enabling an EU framework for markets in crypto-assets
- 20 May – Enabling a digital operational resilience framework for financial services
- 27 May – Digital Sustainable Finance – how can digital finance support sustainability?