PruPay, a U.S.-based payments technology company, announced on Thursday it is joining forces with PayPal to launch touchless pay for customers through text messaging.
PruPay states it works with some of the “largest players” in the financial industry to bring simple solutions to complex problems. The company recently integrated with the PayPal Commerce Platform, which is an end-to-end commerce platform that enables businesses of all sizes to accept and make payments, manage risk, grow their business, and streamline operations.
Features of the touchless pay feature to merchants are:
- A control panel that allows employees to enter payment requests and see orders easily, but without access to merchant banking information.
- The ability to customize charges like convenience fees, delivery fees or other markups.
- A simple order management dashboard to see which orders have been paid for and which are pending.
- The ability to add delivery or pickup notes to the order.
Features for touchless pay feature for consumers are:
- The ability to easily pay for purchases via text all major credit cards, PayPal, Venmo (U.S. only), and PayPal Credit (with six months special financing on purchases of $99 or more).
- A secure way to pay and complete orders without having to provide credit card numbers or addresses over the phone.
- The ability to easily add an optional tip or a “Pay It Forward” amount to any order to help their favorite merchants during the crisis.
- An order payment confirmation to show to a delivery driver or curbside delivery person.
PruPay added it is offering its touchless payment service, a patent-pending technology, to merchants for free during the COVID-19 pandemic.