OurCrowd, a global leader in online capital formation for early-stage ventures, has scheduled the OurCrowd Pandemic Innovation Conference on June 22nd. The virtual event will cover the latest tech solutions pertaining to the Coronavirus including vaccinations, treatments, prevention, and more. The virtual event will also discuss the new world order brought about by the “Pandemic Pivot” addressing topics like changes to work and everyday life as the world settles in to an ongoing health crisis.
OurCrowd states that the online conference will be broadcast from TV studios in Israel and will feature leading investors, entrepreneurs, medical experts, and business leaders from around the world.
Virtual attendees will be able to meet directly with startup CEOs and topic experts in online breakout sessions. There will be live Q&As with guest speakers and the chance to network with other attendees from around the world in real-time.
OurCrowd recently announced a new $100 million Pandemic Innovation Fund. This fund will invest in compelling early-stage firms that are tackling the medical challenges and other issues created by COVID-19. OurCrowd expects investors from over one hundred countries to attend online, including some of the world’s biggest investors.
OurCrowd CEO Jon Medved explained that the conference is about providing global investor support to the entrepreneurs who are working hard to solve the problems humanity is facing with the crisis.
“These entrepreneurs are racing to the vaccine, are building faster and more accurate testing, developing new therapeutics, and delivering remote healthcare services. These people and their companies need the resources of far-sighted investors so they can help to fix the world,” said Medved.
Alec Ellison, OurCrowd’s US Chairman, added that it is not just medical companies that they will highlight at the conference.
“The post-COVID world will look different and require innovative technology solutions, whether it’s working from home, distance learning, increased cybersecurity, robotic process automation – these will all be part of our “new normal and will be featured front and center at the Conference.”
Some of the experts participating in the event include:
- Dr. Paul Rothman, CEO, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Professor Joseph M. Jacobson, Head, MIT Molecular Machines Research Group
- Dr. Ruth Atherton, Director, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Scott Bessent, Founder & CIO, Key Square Group; Former CIO, Soros Fund Mgmt
- Jeremy Levine, Partner, Bessemer Venture Partners
- Deven Parekh, Managing Director, Insight Venture Partners
- Jon Medved, CEO, OurCrowd
Topics on the agenda include:
- The Race for a Vaccine: Top researchers such as Prof. Joseph Jacobson, Head, MIT Molecular Machines Research Group and leading entrepreneurs such as Sigal Tal, Chief Medical Officer of MigVax, leading vaccine startup
- Meeting the Challenge of a Global Pandemic: From testing and treatment to remote work and cybersecurity, experts from tech, business, and government, such as Ruth Atherton, Director, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and Dr. Paul Rothman, CEO Johns Hopkins Medicine, weigh in on what’s to come
- The Top 10 Pandemic Tech Trends: Stav Erez, Partner Labs/02 accelerator, and telemedicine entrepreneur Dr. Jonathan Wiesen, reveal what will be hot and actionable going forward in a changed world
- Investing in a Time of Crisis: Three of the world’s top investors, Scott Bessent, Founder & CIO, Key Square Group; Jeremy Levine, Partner, Bessemer Venture Partners; and Deven Parekh, Managing Director, Insight Venture Partners provide exclusive insights into ensuring your portfolio survives and thrives during a global challenge
Some of the startups being showcased are:
- data.world – the world’s largest open data community, created a dedicated hub for up-to-date COVID-19 data so members can work together to fight the pandemic. The company’s cloud-native enterprise data catalog maps siloed data to business concepts, creating a body of knowledge anyone can find, understand, and use.
- Ripple – Makes a great-tasting, high protein, plant-based alternative to dairy that addresses the need for food supply chain continuity during the pandemic and beyond.
- SaNOtize – Approved by Health Canada for multi-center Phase II trial of its Nitric Oxide Releasing Solution (NORS) for the prevention and early treatment of COVID-19.
- Sight Diagnostics – Compact complete blood count analyzer that provides lab-grade results with 2 drops of finger prick blood sample in under 10 minutes.
- Barcode Diagnostics – Multiple-screening platform for detection of SARS-CoV-2 infection in large populations, using individualized barcoding technology.
- Trellis – delivers Autonomous Food Supply Chains powered by smart data and AI. Its Cloud/AI SaaS platform helps food & beverage producers to integrate data from field to market to eliminate agriculture waste and boost production efficiency in order to conserve global resources.
- MigVax – Developing the MigVax-101 COVID-19 oral subunit vaccine for humans based on a proven platform developed over 4 years that was shown to be a highly effective oral vaccine against IBV (Infectious Bronchitis Virus) in poultry.
To accommodate the global audience OurCrowd has scheduled two start times. The first will begin at 7AM GMT and the second will commence at 4PM GMT. The event is three hours long.