Bbot Inc., a restaurant and hospitality tech startup dedicated to simplifying and improving the ordering and payments process, today announced a $3 million seed funding round led by Craft Ventures, an early-stage venture fund headquartered in San Francisco.
Founded in 2017, Bbot states it offers a robust, configurable solution that helps restaurants, bars, hotels, cinemas, and other hospitality organizations create digital menus and provide guest-controlled, contactless ordering and payment.
“Bbot works for in-venue dining, delivery or pickup, giving guests more flexibility to order and pay on their smartphones, without the need to touch a printed menu, closely interact with a server, or use a credit card. The company currently serves more than 500 hospitality customers in categories such as fine dining, fast casual, breweries, food halls and hotels.”
Other benefits for hospitality organizations and guests that Bbot offers include:
- Enhanced guest experience: Guests can use their smartphones to review a venue’s food or bar digital menu, place orders without waiting, and pay at their own pace. No app download or sign up is required.
- Safer ordering without contact: Contactless ordering supports social distancing by reducing close human-to-human interactions and replacing printed menus with a cleaner digital option.
- Increased revenue for the restaurant: Guest-controlled ordering increases sales and tips, with high-volume restaurants seeing up to a 15% lift.
- Increased productivity: By concentrating on delivery and customer satisfaction, servers are able to cover more ground in less time.
- Dining data: Venue managers gain business insights and are able to access fully customizable reports on sales and workflow patterns, while guests are able to track and receive alerts on the status of their orders.
- Multi-location management: Venues with multi-serving locations such as bars, restaurants, and pools may be managed with one system.
- Customized digital presence: Every restaurant can select a branded URL and create a designed web presence.
Bbot further explained that with the investment it is planning to hire top talent, expand its market presence, and accelerate its product roadmap. Immediate product developments include the launch of new point-of-sale system integration and support for European customers.