DeFi firm Dispersion Holdings has commenced trading of its shares on the Aquis Stock Exchange Growth Market (AQSE).
Aquis Exchange is authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and France’s Autorité des Marchés Financiers to operate Multilateral Trading Facility businesses in the UK and in EU.
Dispersion Holdings, founded by creators of the Argo Blockchain plc, is looking to identify investment opportunities in the high-growth Fintech sector within the UK, the USA, and Canada. The Board intends to deploy the majority of the company’s cash resources in the acquisition of minority interests in a number of different, yet to be identified, companies in the Fintech sector. The company believes that DeFi is a disruptive technology that uses the blockchain and cryptocurrencies to remove financial intermediaries from transactions creating a quicker, cheaper, more efficient, and more secure way of providing financial services. The company has already made initial investments in NFT Investments plc and ePIC Blockchain Technologies.
Dispersion Holdoings listed shares, using ticker symbol “DEFI”, at 3p per share raising a combined £9 million. The company previously raised £2.2 million before expenses in a pre-IPO fundraising round.
On admission to the exchange, Dispersion Holdings will have 612,500,000 ordinary shares in issue, with a market capitalisation of approximately £18 million.
Tennyson Securities and Novum Securities acted as brokers to the company, with Novum Securities also acting as corporate adviser.
Michael Edwards, CEO of Dispersion Holdings, commented:
“Dispersion Holdings’ admission to the AQSE Growth Market marks a significant milestone in our journey and, indeed, for the DeFi sector in the world’s leading financial centre. It is a vote of confidence in our investment plans and gives us a firm foundation on which to build our long-term growth strategy in a market that has bright days ahead. London has a golden opportunity to become the global capital for DeFi, and we look forward to demonstrating the value of this growing part of the Fintech sector.”
The Board of Directors of Dispersion includes:
- Michael Edwards (Chief Executive Officer) – the co-founder of Argo Blockchain (LSE: ARB), Guild Esports (LSE: GILD) and Cellular Goods (LSE: CBX) and
- Timothy Le Druillenec, a Director of NFT Investments Plc.
- Other Non-Executive Directors of the Company are:
- Mark Rutledge, CEO of Carraway Capital Corp., an investor with a decade’s worth of experience in the cryptoasset world and more than 25 years’ experience in structuring and financing technology start-ups, such as 20 Year Media, an early AI pioneer in chatbot technology
- Misha Sher, Vice-President of Sport and Entertainment at MediaCom, who brings a 15 year career in sponsorship, media and digital marketing, having negotiated in excess of $100 million in sponsorships and rights agreements across four continents.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!