Tinkoff Investments announced on Monday it has launched Tinkoff InvestIndex, which is described as a set of indices that represent Russian investors’ activity and sentiment. Tinkoff InvestIndex shows what securities investors are buying or selling, what industries they favour, and what currencies they are holding. According to Tinkoff, the Index is based on anonymous data collected from more than a million investors registered on Tinkoff Investments’ Pulse social network.
The Index consists of several indicators that track Russian investors’ market activity and sentiment.
- Tinkoff InvestIndex: Represents, on a 100-point scale, the overall sentiment of Russian investors trading on the Moscow and Saint Petersburg Exchanges over the last month.This reveals the extent to which investors have confidence in market growth or decline in that period. In general, the index shows the changes for both stock exchanges for a period of one week
- Tinkoff InvestIndex dynamics: Show how much investors are increasing or decreasing their positions by, and in doing so highlights bullish, or bearish, trends
- The Trading Activity Index: Shows how actively investors are trading securities
- Tinkoff InvestIndex by Industry: Reveals changes in investor behaviour toward securities from the 10 largest industries against the S&P index and the MOEX index
- Tinkoff InvestIndex for USD: Shows the extent to which investors are increasing or decreasing their holdings of USD
- The Top Buy and Sell Leaders: Index reveals the stocks, which investors have most drastically increased or decreased their positions in over the course of a day, week, month, or year
Dmitry Panchenko, CEO of Tinkoff Investments, then added:
“Tinkoff Investments is a leading Russian broker, so our customers’ activity is an accurate barometer of market sentiment. We have taken anonymous data on the trading activity of our customers and extrapolated it to gain insights into the entire market and enable us to assess prevailing trends. We have developed a universal service and hope that Tinkoff InvestIndex will be useful for both beginner investors and experts, in particular, for media reporters who will now be able to use this data for professional purposes.”