The Big Exchange, which is an impact investing platform & a money management app, with a marketplace for fairer products coming, has secured ££283,916 of its £150,000 target from 242 investors through Crowdcube (at the time of writing).
The Big Exchange team notes that they are “seeking investment to scale up to help people make a positive impact, targeting the 1 in 3 who rank sustainability in their top 3 buying criteria.”
The Big Exchange team reports an £8,704,255 pre-money valuation, a £1.40 share price, and 3.08% equity.
Some of the main highlights of the project are as follows:
- Grown customer base 150% month on month to 1230 (May 21)
- £11m of client’s assets on investment platform
- Rated Best Sustainable ISA 2021 by Boring Money
- £8.7m invested in the business, including benefiting from £5.8m in pro bono
As noted in the announcement, impact investment funds have “grown 270%, topping £7.1bn, and at the same time, there are 13.2m people that will need to build their financial resilience after the pandemic.”
The Big Exchange is a Fintech platform that aims to assist individuals with improving their own lives, and also intends to help them create “significant positive change” with their money in the following ways:
- A low cost investment platform, where every investment is assessed for positive impact; no other investment platform independently rates their funds this way
- Inclusive, accessible money management tools so anyone can see their financial footprint to make their money count for more
- A marketplace where people can find products that can have a positive impact on their lives and the lives of others (in progress)
The Big Exchange team also mentions that their clients are savers and spenders who they “take a fee from for the platform and marketplace referrals.”
The announcement further noted:
“Growth has been driven by marketing and reviews including Which?, Good Housekeeping, Compare the Platform and the Guardian. The platform was awarded Best Sustainable ISA 2021 (Boring Money), Top Sustainable Platform for 2021 (Good with Money) and Best Innovation in Investment (Financial Services Forum Innovation Awards).”
As mentioned in the announcement, the more who join, the “more positive impact we can make.” That’s why the Big Exchange team is “seeking your support to help us scale up.” They want people to join them so they can “help build a fairer financial system, for you and everyone.”
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!