After you’re eligible to apply, you’ll get an email invite with a link to the application, and a card tab will “appear on the menu bar of the Gemini Mobile App.”
If you’re not yet signed up for the Gemini Credit Card waitlist, then you can sign up now to get early access and to see “if you prequalify with no impact to your credit.” The company added that they will continue “to allow waitlist members to apply over the coming weeks, based on when they joined the waitlist, before we open applications to the general public.”
The Gemini Credit Card is “accepted wherever Mastercard® is accepted and allows you to spend USD and earn crypto rewards.” After approval has been granted, you’ll reportedly be able to “earn 3% crypto back on dining,1 2% crypto back on groceries, and 1% crypto back on all other purchases, with rewards automatically deposited into your Gemini account.”
You may choose to “receive rewards in one of the 50+ cryptos we currently support, including bitcoin, ether, and dogecoin (Gemini dollar is currently not supported but will be in the future).”
You may decide to switch reward types at any time “as well as transfer any crypto rewards earned through the credit card directly into Gemini Earn, [their] interest-earning program.”
Here are other features of the Gemini Credit Card:
- No annual fee: Earn crypto rewards without paying a hefty annual fee, and never pay foreign transaction fees.
- Instant rewards: Rewards are instantly deposited into your account when you make a purchase, not a month later.
- Security-first design: Sensitive information, like the card number, is removed and accessible to cardholders via the Gemini app, which requires two-factor authentication.
- Instant access: Once approved, you can immediately access the digital version of your Gemini Credit Card and begin making purchases online and in stores. You can also add your card to your Apple wallet (Google wallet and certain other mobile wallets are not currently supported but will be in the near future).
- World Mastercard® Benefits: You’ll have access to exclusive offers with select merchants such as DoorDash, HelloFresh, Lyft, and ShopRunner, as well as through Mastercard’s Priceless® Experiences.
- Your card will include advanced security features including Mastercard ID Theft Protection™, Zero Liability, and Price Protection. 24/7 live customer support
You may select from black, silver, and rose gold metal cards that are “made from 75% recycled stainless steel.” As noted in the update from Gemini, the clean design isn’t just for looks — “it keeps your sensitive information off the card’s surface, protecting your financial identity.”
The Gemini team added:
“We are proud to work with our partners, Mastercard and WebBank, to offer you our novel crypto rewards credit card. Mastercard is our exclusive network partner for the Gemini Credit Card, and WebBank, a leader in digital lending, is the issuing bank.”
They also mentioned:
“We couldn’t be more thrilled to provide you with the opportunity to seamlessly earn crypto on everyday purchases and start building your financial future with the swipe of a card.”