To help meet short-term cash needs, eligible customers now have another option with the newest product from Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) – Flex Loan.
Flex Loan is described as “a digital-only, small-dollar loan that will provide millions of eligible customers convenient and affordable access to funds when they need it most.” Flex Loan is available now “in select markets and will be available nationwide by the end of the year.”
“Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Flex Loan is Wells Fargo’s latest innovation to give customers peace of mind and flexibility as they manage their daily finances. What makes Flex Loan different from other payment options is its certainty of approval for eligible customers, the simplicity of obtaining funds in minutes, and clarity around how much it will cost to pay for things like holiday gifts, travel, or an unexpected home or car repair expense.”
Flex Loan is “accessible through a seamless, easy experience” within the Wells Fargo Mobile Banking app:
- Flex Loan is available to eligible customers in amounts of either $250 or $500 for a flat fee of $12 or $20, respectively.
- Eligible customers will see the offer in their mobile app. Once a customer accepts the loan and sets up their repayment plan (payable in four equal monthly installments), the funds are deposited into their Wells Fargo account within seconds, allowing them to use their
- Wells Fargo debit card to make a purchase or payment immediately.
- There are no applications, hidden fees, late charges, or interest charges.
- Unlike other often costlier options, Flex Loan offers an affordable, transparent way to manage a short-term cash need – while providing convenient and nearly instant access to funds.
Flex Loan is “one of several efforts Wells Fargo announced in January to help customers avoid overdraft fees and meet short-term cash needs.”
In addition to Flex Loan, these innovations include:
- Early Pay Day: Gives customers access to eligible direct deposits up to two days early
- Extra Day Grace Period: Gives customers an extra business day to make deposits to avoid overdraft fees
- Clear Access BankingSM: Gives customers the option of a checkless banking account with no overdraft fees
As covered, Wells Fargo & Company claims it is “a leading financial services company that has approximately $1.9 trillion in assets, proudly serves one in three U.S. households and more than 10% of small businesses in the U.S., and is a leading middle market banking provider in the U.S.”
They aim to “provide a diversified set of banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through our four reportable operating segments: Consumer Banking and Lending, Commercial Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Wealth & Investment Management.”