PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) announced it has granted equity awards on December 15, 2022, under its 2022 Inducement Equity Incentive Plan to new employees who joined PayPal.
The grants were previously “approved by the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors of PayPal Holdings, Inc.” Information regarding the equity awards can be found on the company’s investor relations page. While sharing details about its strategic initiatives and other business updates, PayPal says it is focused on enhancing checkout and shopping experiences, including the launch of Venmo as a payment option on Amazon.
PayPal has been focused on:
- Working with Apple to enhance our offerings for PayPal and Venmo merchants and
- Leveraging Apple’s Tap to Pay on iPhone technology, U.S. merchant customers will soon have the option to accept contactless debit or credit cards and mobile wallets, including Apple Pay, using an iPhone and the PayPal or Venmo iOS app
- Adding Apple Pay as a payment option in PayPal’s unbranded checkout flows on
merchant platforms, including the PayPal Commerce Platform
- In 2023, U.S. customers will be able to add PayPal and Venmo network-branded credit as well as debit cards to Apple Wallet and use them anywhere Apple Pay is accepted
- Venmo is now live as a new payment option for select Amazon customers; and will be ramping to full availability for U.S. Amazon customers this holiday season
- Strengthened executive leadership team with the recent appointment of John Kim as EVP, Chief Product Officer. John brings unique skills and experience driving innovative product development following a decade-long tenure with Expedia Group
- Released updated mobile software developer kit (SDK), which is now enabling merchants to provide a seamless, in n-app checkout experience
- Expanded Zettle Terminal to the U.S., an all-in-one point-of-sale solution for small
businesses, following successful launches in France and the Netherlands earlier this year
- Introduced new PayPal Rewards program to the digital wallet, giving customers an easy way to shop and earn rewards all in one place
- Launched Passkeys as an easy and secure log in method for PayPal accounts, which is helping with creating a seamless login experience for consumers and removing checkout friction for merchants
- Broadened charity products and services: launched Grant Payments to deliver money from grantmakers quickly and electronically; began onboarding charities to Venmo charity profiles to enable giving going into the holiday season; and expanded Give at Checkout to Brazil and Mexico.
As covered, PayPal claims it has “remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years.”
By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is “empowering more than 430 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy.”