Crowdsourcing Week, a conference on everything Crowdsourcing – including crowdfunding. The event will bring together leaders and innovators from around the world to discuss the impact of the open internet and the “fundamental shift towards the new digital economy”. The conference opens on June 3rd in Singapore and runs through the week. Over 40 speakers are expected with representatives from Google, Microsoft, Elance and some of the innovators from crowdfunding platforms such as Crowdcube and ASSOB.
This gathering will also include a day long crowdfunding workshop – marketed as a first in Asia – will give startups the opportunity to train, pitch, and network with investors and industry experts and share with other innovators.
The topics on the agenda for the crowdfunding workshop include:
- How a startup can set up a successful crowdfunding campaign, main challenges & how to avoid mistakes,
- what a startup should know before crowdfunding their equity,
- support you should look for from platforms,
- peer-to-peer crowdfunding opportunities and risks involved,
- the importance of building community,
- how to engage your community and where and when should you start.