Seedmatch claims the title as the first German investment crowdfunding platform having launched way back in 2011. Equity crowdfunding in Germany has been fairly robust with reports placing total volume in 2013 at about EUR 15 million. Anyone can participate in these offers as there are no exclusionary barriers to block an investor simply based on the size of his paycheck. Seedmatch now states that EUR 17.1 million has been invested via their platform – with about EUR 5.2 million this past quarter alone indicating a significant increase in velocity: their best quarter ever.
- Active investors are 89.3% male
- Average age of investors os 38 years
- Average investment is EUR 868, combined for all invested companies EUR 2,412
- The investor typically invests in 2.8 startups for diversification
- 65 projects have successfully financed on Seedmatch
- For Q2 there were 6 successful funding rounds ranging from EUR 100K up to EUR 3 Million
- allbranded with 250,000 euros
- ROUGH WINE with 200,000 euros
- Ledora with 700,000 euros
- goodz with 100,000 euros
- OvulaRing with 300,000 euros
- Protonet of 3,000,000 euros
Protonet, a listing on Seedmatch from June, was a record breaking funding round. The young company raised EUR 1 million in about 3 1/2 hours and went on to close at EUR 3 million after less than a week. Investors numbered 1,826.
Seedmatch has also facilited several follow on funding rounds, a similar phenomena seen in other countries.
So congratulations to Seedmatch for a great quarter.