San Jose-based company, MIPOW USA, launched a Kickstarter campaign about two weeks ago for its project, the PLAYBULB candle. This new device not only offers an app, it wants to “liberate” the user’s imagination over colors.
MIPOW USA stated, “We invented PLAYBULB candle simply because life should be colorful and fund. With PLAYBULB candle, you can now freely create your own unique flame at anytime anywhere. It is handy, smart and safe.”
The company has developed the PLAYBULB X app, available in the Apple App Store and Google Play – to control the device. It supports iPhone 4S or above, iPad 3 or above, iPod 5th generation or above (running iOS7) and Android 4.3 or above (with Bluetooth 4.0).
Features of the PLAYBULB are the following:
- Blow it out like a real candle: Users can blow out or on a PLAYBULB candle just like a real candle.
- Shake to get another color: Enable the “Shake Mode” and every time you shake your phone, it sets a random color to your candle.
- Perfect night-light: The PLAYBULB is a safe night light for everyone. It’s flameless and therefore it’s safe for accompanying kids to sleep. Users may also set timers to save the battery power.
- Embedded scent diffuser: PLAYBULB candle is built with a lavender scent chip.
- Shining candle holder: Putting it upside-down, PLAYBULB candle is a “shining” candle holder, a perfect mixture of new technology and good old tradition.
- Long operating time: Lasts for 240 hours. If running 4 hours a day, it can run for 60 days.
Since its launch, the campaign has raised over $155,000 thanks to nearly 2,700 backers. Its set to close on October 2nd.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!