With the new year just a little over two weeks away, global crowdfunding platform Indiegogo shared revealed 2015 as the “year of crowdfunding.”
The website unveiled an infographic that shows off the funds raised per its categories, European and global funds raised, VC funding secured by campaigns, most successful campaigns and funds raised, number of visitors and contributors. This is all done within the past 12 months.
- Total funds raised on Indiegogo overall: over $800 million
- Total VC funding raised by Indiegogo campaigns overall: over $500 million
- Number of people that visited Indiegogo in 2015: 117,000,000
- Total number of campaigns in 2015: 175,479
- Number of contributors in the last year: more than 2.5 million
Check out the infographic below.