IVP, a later-stage venture capital and growth equity firms in the U.S., announced on Thursday that it has raised a new $1.4 billion fund and distributed over $500 million in capital back to its Limited Partners, including the proceeds from three significant M&A transactions: Business Insider (Axel Springer), Datalogix (ORCL), and Supercell (SoftBank).
As a partner investor in innovative companies, such as AppDynamics, Domo, Dropbox, The Honest Company, Snapchat, Supercell, and Twitter, IVP remains committed to its focused strategy of supporting innovation at the later-stage and partnering closely with exceptional management teams.
Check out IVP’s stats below.
IPOs in 2015:
- MINDBODY (MB), a leading provider of cloud-based business management software for the wellness services industry, went public in June. IVP made its initial investment in MINDBODY in October 2012. MINDBODY was the 102nd IPO in IVP’s history.
- Pure Storage (PSTG), the market’s leading independent solid-state array vendor, went public in October. IVP made its initial investment in Pure Storage in September 2013. Pure Storage was the 103rd IPO in IVP’s history.
Significant M&A Exits in 2015:
- Datalogix, an innovative data services business connecting digital media and offline purchasing data, was acquired by Oracle (ORCL) for $1.2 billion in January. IVP made its initial investment in Datalogix in April 2013.
- Supercell, a mobile gaming company, sold its remaining investors’ equity position to SoftBank in May. IVP made its initial investment in Supercell in February 2013.
- Business Insider, a rapidly growing digital news provider focused on Wall Street, Technology, and other popular business verticals, was acquired by Axel Springer for $442 million in September. IVP made its initial investment in Business Insider in September 2011.
IVP Investments Announced in 2015:
- AlienVault, a leading provider of Unified Security Management and crowd-sourced threat intelligence
- App Annie, a decision-making platform for the mobile app economy
- Casper, a next-generation retailer with a direct-to-consumer model for high-end mattresses, pillows, sheets, and other sleep-related products
- Compass, a technology-driven real estate platform, combining exceptional agents with best-in-class technology
- GitHub, the world’s largest collaborative software development community
- NerdWallet, a financial technology startup that provides consumers with additional clarity around key financial decisions at every stage of their lives
- Pindrop, a pioneer in phone fraud prevention and call center authentication
- Slack, a business-focused messaging platform for teams which unites communication and collaboration
- SoFi, a leader in marketplace lending
- SteelBrick, the fast-growing provider of next-generation quote-to-cash software applications built on the Salesforce platform
- Sumo Logic, a leading purpose-built, cloud-based, machine data analytics service
- Tanium, an endpoint management company redefining security and systems management
- Vessel, a next generation video platform targeting premium short-form content
- Walker & Company Brands, an online retailer making health and beauty simple for people of color