Elio Motors founder and CEO, Paul Elio, will be joining Cromwell Coulson, CEO of OTC Markets and Ron Miller of StartEngine, to “share the inside story” of using Regulation A+ to raise capital from investors online.
Elio utilized the StartEngine equity crowdfunding platform to raise about $17 million from large and small investors alike (not just accredited investors). The company has since listed its shares on the OTCQX market, operated by OTC Markets thus providing liquidity for investors.
Elio is one of the first companies to leverage Titel IV of the JOBS Act which created the updated exemption called Regulation A+. Commonly described as a mini-IPO type vehicle, issuing companies may raise up to $50 million in either debt or equity securities.
Paul Elio will share his experience, and lessons learned, from using the “Testing the Waters” stage – where an issuer may gauge investor interest first prior to issuing shares – to listing on an exchange.
All of this will take place at the OTC Markets office in Manhattan but you may also view the event live-streamed via Periscope. You just need to follow Elio Motors on Twitter @ElioMotors. They will send you a link just before the broadcast begins at 9AM this Thursday (February 25th).
The trio will be discussing;
- Elio Motors’ Regulation A+ fund-raising initiative and its initiation of trading on the OTCQX market.
- Elio Motors’ vision as a manufacturer of a revolutionary vehicle, touching on the company’s four must-have value propositions for consumers and why it is important to America.
- The benefits of the Regulation A+ / Crowdfunding model to entrepreneurs and investors.
- OTC Markets Group’s OTCQX® and OTCQB® markets and their role as efficient, cost-effective secondary trading markets for Reg A+ and other JOBS Act securities.
- StartEngine’s role as an equity crowdfunding platform and partner for launching Regulation A+ initiatives.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!